The Kiddos

The Kiddos
Cambri, Adelie, Zac

April 26, 2008

The Baby's New Name

Forget the whole poll thingy I have going on to the right of you. The official name of this baby should be BRAXTON HICKS!!!

I started getting braxton hicks when I was about 25 weeks along. It's pretty early to feel them, but my doctor said that it's not uncommon for some women to start feeling them this early. I just had to be cautious of their frequency and severity. Well, of course I didn't get any pain from them, and they were few and far in between.

But now at 31 weeks, I get them a lot, and the majority of them are the same time each day. Starting about 8:00 pm, I'll get my first one, and they won't stop until about 10:00 pm...sometimes later. Some of them even hurt! So, I be the good girl that I am and "lay down" and drink a gallon of water. (do you have ANY idea what that does to my nights???)

Well, I don't really know how to read all these signs of "body getting ready for labor" stuff...all I know is that if you see me at 8:00 pm, you'll probably see me with that silly constipated look on my face because my ENTIRE belly hardens up and I feel a surplus amount of pressure in all directions. I wonder if this means I'll have an evening baby...hmmm...

Give me a break, Braxton!!!