The Kiddos
Cambri, Adelie, Zac
May 05, 2008
A "Trip" to McCall, Idaho
Sorry, I'm the worst at getting pictures of our trips. I take really fun scenery pictures, but nothing really on us.
Needless to say, our trip started in Logan, UT where we woke up to 4 inches of snow and more coming down. We dropped Ryan's car off in Tremonton, headed to McCall, and got there after 9 1/2 hours. We stopped in Boise, where we got to see the temple and the hospital I was born at. Then, we drove through a GORGEOUS canyon and managed to dodge the hungry deer that were eating brush right next to the road. A couple of them already had the "deer in the headlights" look.
We got to our hotel room just in time for a second wind to hit both our kids. They were so anxious to get out of the car that the hotel offered just as much fun as an amusement park. Ryan and I were exhausted!
All expenses were paid for: hotel room, all meals, gas, the gas you put into the car, etc. Why such special treatment? Ryan is a member of the Idaho Medical Association. They have an annual retreat and invited the families to come this time. Since Ryan is the "student representitive," and they know we students are starving ones...they paid for the whole trip. It was great, but I got sick of hotel food fast and really wished for my bowl of cereal. So, we went to the local grocery store and bought a gallon of milk (room came with a fridge), and some mini boxes of cereal. Ahh....peasant food. I LOVE it! We swam in the hot tub, since the lake was frozen over. We played in the racquetball court, and watched movies in their hotel theater while Ryan went to meeting after meeting. Cambri said she wants to live there forever. Hmmmm....
The drive home was supposed to be quicker since we "knew where we were going." But it still took 9 1/2 hours to get home. Thank goodness we didn't run into Bambi. We got to Tremonton, where we parked Ryan's car, and separated. Ryan back to Idaho, and us back home. It's really nice to be home and I'm still in recovery mode.
Typical vacation, I'd have to say. You come home completely exhausted and not really ready to dive into reality again, because you really didn't get much of a "vacation."