Today I made my niece, Lucy's, blessing dress. With our Japanese heritage, my sister and I thought it appropriate to bless her in a kimono. After finding a pattern online, I made a couple of prototypes and finally came up with this finished product. She's going to be the only one, possibly in the state, to have a kimono blessing dress. This will make her blessing day special & unique. I'm glad I got to be a part of it.
Front
Back
My poor children were the ones who felt the affects of an all-day sewing project. We had a decent breakfast and dinner (dinner: thanks to Ryan), but in between was pretty much what they could scavenge from the pantry...mostly Cheetos. It's a good thing my sewing projects are few and far in between. I feel with every great creation, there should be a "resting from our labors for a season" part of the deal. So, if you want me to sew something for you...ask me next year!