The Kiddos

The Kiddos
Cambri, Adelie, Zac

July 13, 2007

Difference Between Sleep Talking and Reality

Well, have I got a funny story for you all. Ryan is currently doing his OB/GYN rotations at the LDS hospital. He's been seeing a lot of high risk pregnant women there. Well, a couple nights ago, I was reading my scriptures before going to sleep. Ryan sat up and grabbed his pillow. He stuck his hand inside the pillow case and started feeling around...he rotated the pillow around, and it seemed like he was looking for something. Then he said, "I've got to find the ruptured membrane." (For the layman, the membrane is the water sac that babies live in while inside the mommy's tummy) I LAUGHED so hard! I then grabbed the pillow out of Ryan's hands and he looked at me like I was crazy. I asked him, "Do you know what this is?" Ryan just stared at the pillow like he knew deep down inside of himself that it was a pillow, but he couldn't quite make sense of it. Finally I said, "It's a pillow...smirk, smirk...do pillows have membranes?...smirk, smirk..." (I tried so hard not to laugh). Ryan just kept staring at the pillow, almost panting. It took him about 15 seconds to respond. Then he looked at me and said, "noooo....?!?" Like it was a test question or something. I then said, "No, they don't," then handed the pillow back. Still confused, Ryan took the "pillow," laid down, and went back to "sleep."


I just barely told him about it and he laughed hard too. He says he can't remember any of it! Well, since Ryan eats, breaths, lives, and now: sleeps by medical school, I'm not sure he really gets a break from it all...poor guy!