The Kiddos

The Kiddos
Cambri, Adelie, Zac

September 05, 2008

Cambri's First Day



When Cambri first went to preschool, it was like a WELCOME WAGON. Going to orientation was like a crash course in elementary education. We got schedules, hand outs, pamphlets, etc. I was loving the organization of the program. When the first day came, Cambri's teacher greeted her with a huge smile, and I signed her in.

This year for Kindergarten, I was assuming the WELCOME WAGON would make it's trek again. NOTHING! We came, we dropped off, we left. I even had to look the school up online to see what time school started! The teacher didn't give the parents anything to take home, the kids didn't get any papers to give to parents, there was nothing. I have to admit, I was sort of disappointed but realized that's what school is. You go, you drop off, you leave and you do it again, again, and again.
Am I wrong in thinking there should have been more to it? Am I crazy in thinking that there needs to be some sort of effective communication between the teacher and parents? Is it a wonder that I wasn't the only one who didn't know when school even started???I guess there's no time for frivolities like that...they've got to get to work!!!

Welcome to the "no kid left behind" program for public education. Thanks Pres. Bush...