Ryan Craner:
Introvert
Katy Craner:
Extrovert
Cambri Craner:
Introvert
Adelie Craner:
{with hopes of defecting...my hopes at least}
Zacy Craner:
Introvert
Ethnie Craner:
???...
{I'm sure hoping she is an extrovert! She switches too much to be certain!}
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Where: At the State Fair
What: Pig Races
Story:
"We need volunteers to represent our pigs.......if you're pig wins, then you get a prize! Raise your hands up and give a good cheer! Let me see who really wants to win!"
Me: Wahoooo....Whoop whoop whoop whoop...Cambri, Don't you want to win? {Cambri...yes, but too shy to raise her hands} Adelie....put your hands up and cheer! {Adelie...No, I'm too shy...} Zacy, cheer with me!!! {Zacy...don't look at me!} Okay, whatever....WHOOOOOOOOO! ME ME ME ME ME....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Where: At a Birthday Dance Party
What: Trying to get the girls to dance with me...
Story:
Me: C'mon girls...let's dance!
Them: No!
Me: WHY???
Them: We're embarrassed!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Where: Temple Dedication
What: Apostles asking children to come up and help seal the cornerstone...
Story: I'm in the cornerstone choir, and knew that Pres. Uchtdorf would ask some children to come up and help. I told the kids to be prepared. The time arrives, and I'm looking at Ryan...hoping he'd shove the girls into the thicket of other screaming children wanting a chance to come up. (Most of the children don't even know what's going on...they just see hands raised, and they want to be a part of it. Standard.) Ryan just chilling by the wayside...Me...GOING CRAZY, BUT CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT! The girls really wanted to go, but were too shy to exert themselves beyond their own comfort.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So..........
Three stories. Believe you me -- there are A LOT more!!! All of which make it look like I'm the crazy lady in the family. Guess what: I AM! I am the only one who really takes any type of risk or isn't bothered by trivial things like embarrassment. I hardly EVER get embarrassed. I am a daredevil, to a certain degree. I'm independent....I don't need a partner to come with me to go to the bathroom. To them: Yes, I'm CRAZY!
So..........
Three stories. All of which I'm constantly reminded that throwing my introverted children into the public eye of things isn't doing them ANY favors. Realizing they're just FINE on the sidelines watching other people have the chance of their life, is hard for me to swallow. But I'm learning. I'm accepting. And I've gotten a lot better!
Growing up in a home with an EXTREMELY introverted dad, and an "on the fence" introvert mother, I was one of the first of their children to ever shows signs of behavior that wasn't "like everyone else in the family!" I remember not ever being content with JUST my stuffed animals. I wanted to be with people! As a teenager, that was my ultimate focus!!! Friends!!! Friends!!! Friends!!! I never really felt like I got that social interaction with my friends as a teenager, so once I got to college -- BAM! Every party, every social activity, intramural football? YOU BET...I WAS THERE! I did sort of become a party girl by default. But I kept a check on myself and never did anything that would get me into trouble. I was just overwhelmed by the social interactivity that I had missed out on during my high school years...and I LOVED IT! I met my future husband at college, and often times, we wonder how in the world we ever met (duh...I HAD to earn my way through college so I did have a job at the library...a place I only frequented just to work. Definitely NOT a hangout place!) Ryan also had a home...I mean job....at the library, which is where we met. I wonder how many angels it took to get us to meet...the stars were aligned that day!
Fast forward to now...
Growing up in a home with an EXTREMELY introverted dad, and an "on the fence" introvert mother, I was one of the first of their children to ever shows signs of behavior that wasn't "like everyone else in the family!" I remember not ever being content with JUST my stuffed animals. I wanted to be with people! As a teenager, that was my ultimate focus!!! Friends!!! Friends!!! Friends!!! I never really felt like I got that social interaction with my friends as a teenager, so once I got to college -- BAM! Every party, every social activity, intramural football? YOU BET...I WAS THERE! I did sort of become a party girl by default. But I kept a check on myself and never did anything that would get me into trouble. I was just overwhelmed by the social interactivity that I had missed out on during my high school years...and I LOVED IT! I met my future husband at college, and often times, we wonder how in the world we ever met (duh...I HAD to earn my way through college so I did have a job at the library...a place I only frequented just to work. Definitely NOT a hangout place!) Ryan also had a home...I mean job....at the library, which is where we met. I wonder how many angels it took to get us to meet...the stars were aligned that day!
Fast forward to now...
13 years of marriage and 4 kids is great! I love it! But, to be honest....life at my house can kind of be a little boring. With no one to share my need to be with people and my drive for society, I often feel pent up. A prisoner in my own home.
Perhaps that's why I teach Zumba.
Perhaps that's why my kids gave me a "Trophy" for being the "Chattiest Mom Ever."
Perhaps that's why I talk your ear off when ever we meet...
But, I've also learned to let my kids be themselves....it's the BEST thing I can do for them. And honestly, I could do for some down time once in a while too. I cherish the times when my daughters and I can just sit and talk. Or when they come and lay their heads on my lap or shoulder and tell me about their day. Introverts have A LOT to offer the world. They are incredibly smart (we are too...we just tend to flaunt it a bit more...and be mistaken for egotistic...but that's another story) and introverts offer an AMAZING balance to society and to The Cranerclan.
I wouldn't have it any other way.
xx,
Katy
ps...see! Pictures! But you still have to imagine me as the crazy lady. Perhaps some day, I'll do a selfie. Or you can just see all the ones I have on instagram, lol!!!
ps...see! Pictures! But you still have to imagine me as the crazy lady. Perhaps some day, I'll do a selfie. Or you can just see all the ones I have on instagram, lol!!!





