The Kiddos

The Kiddos
Cambri, Adelie, Zac

August 07, 2010

Our very own Botanical garden

My backyard has more foliage than I'm capable of taking care of. I'm a bit bewildered by things that are green. I can never keep them that way.


(notice..I've chopped off the branches that have killed over...uh, probably because of me!)
(step ladder to add dimension and contrast...JK. I forgot to put it away!)

However, it is really fun to see all the animal life we get because of our shady trees, flowering shrubs, and cascading....whatever you call them.

We get Humming birds all the time. They are so cute! We get awesome lizards. We get Birds that come and eat the beetles out of the "grass. We also get, my favorite, BUTTERFLIES!

This one in particular caught our fancy and was kind enough to let us do a photo shoot.
This butterfly was at LEAST 4 in. across. HUGE!!!