My husband comes home with a smile on his face. I'm thinking he had a great day at work...but no, it's because the University of Utah has tied Oregon State 28-28 and there's only 2 MINUTES LEFT!!! I look at the TV and try to judge whether the Newsies are more important than this totally awesome game that's being played. Newsies will just have to wait! But unfortunately we only get satellite dish out here so we don't have the channel that the games being played on...Ah, just my luck! So, we turn the radio on and up...who cares that my kids are just barely getting to sleep, and Zac's bedroom door is open, we've gotta at least HEAR who wins!
Oregon has the ball...U of U stops them from making any yardage...U of U got it and it's within field goal range...the suspense is killing me...Sakoda takes the shot...is it good...of course, it goes straight through the middle. HOORAY, we WON!
I woke up this morning feeling quite patriotic and decided to gown on my U of U sweatshirt or possibly go and buy a cute little tee. I don't care that it's 80 degrees outside, I've got to show my undying faithfulness and excitement on their big win. First of all, I'm a HUGE Ute fan, but more over...They won Oregon State, who won USC, who USED to be ranked #1...Needless to say, I'm a big fan of football upsets (the kinds where the underdogs win because they're good, and not because the other team's starting quarterback gets injured).