The Kiddos

The Kiddos
Cambri, Adelie, Zac

January 24, 2008

Creativity takes a toll

I thought that my creativity bone would break after making several invitations for Young Women's last Saturday. I guess it's only fractured right now, because I became Martha Stewart Mormon-style and came up with a card that involves a HANDKERCHIEF, a RIBBON, and a WEDDING DRESS top.

Yeah, I know...it sounds weird. But, after much research online, tracing, creating symmetry, scanning, photo shopping, mouse clicking, printing, refining, and yadda yadda yadda, I ended up with this:



I know, I know, I know...it doesn't look like THIS would take that LONG to make/create. But it did because I'm a perfectionist. (That's why I don't do scrapbooking, cards, stamping, or anything "crafty.") My poor kids were starving by the time I was done.

On the inside of the card there's a title "What I Want in Myself as an Eternal Companion" with lines underneath so you can fill it out. This is all designed for my Young Women.

When I was in Young Women's, I received a card similar to this. (I wish I could find it...then all I would have to do is make copies!!!) Anyway, the idea fit in so perfectly with my lesson that I thought I'd become adventurous and attempt to make my own.

I just hope that with all this preparation, the girls and me will be able to focus on what the lesson is truly about and not about how "cool" the card looks. I want the girls to remember the lesson for what it is...the card is to REMIND them later on in case they decide to keep it (and then lose it like I did).

So there!