The Kiddos

The Kiddos
Cambri, Adelie, Zac

February 04, 2011

Dependence...

Ryan is cooking and baking--A LOT--and it seems to be giving him some feelings of satisfaction and peace.  (I get that feeling when I eat...definitely NOT when I cook!)

Lately, he's been baking breads.  Thanks to my friend, Alyssa, and my Grandma Belnap, he didn't need to experiment with many recipes to find the perfect ones.  Grandma Belnap's recipe for whole bread has been perfected by nearly 40+ years.  Alyssa's recipe, wherever she found it, has her stamp of approval...that MUST mean it's good-she's an amazing chef!

Our first trial run...the next batch turned out better...we made 4 moderate loaves instead of 2 heaping loaves!

You can always count on Grandma Belnap's bread to be DELICIOUS!!! 

**************
So, as a result, I've become increasingly dependent on Ryan's mad skills in the kitchen.  I think I'll probably have to try to cook again...someday, but as long as Ryan is willing, I will take it all in with a grateful appreciation.  (April, he's doing an ICU rotation...i.e. on-call every 3rd day)