Where does your mind go when you start thinking you could live in a place where there's sub-zero temperatures for a whole month or two??? When in Rochester, Ryan and I were trying to find something wrong with the Mayo Clinic and it's city and why we shouldn't chose this school above all the others. Is the weather a viable reason to not go to one of the BEST hospitals in the nation????
not likely!
BUT, the trade off is that their summers are FANTASTIC...wait, did I just say that? There's a reason they call it the state of 10,000 lakes and that their state bird is the mosquito.
I'd hopefully have until June of 2010 to gear up for the adventure of my lifetime. And, I'm sure it'll be a great experience. I'm going to do everything I can to grow as much hair as I can to prepare me for those rigid months, and for those who know me...you know that it'll be hard to do. Just hold on to that mind of mine for me while I'm there...because I'm going to grab it on my way to retirement in Hawaii.
I'm in no way dissing Rochester. Both Ryan and I had a great feeling about it and I'm excited to finally relieve my itch to get away. But...SUB-ZERO Temperatures? Oh, I HATE being cold!