After the reunion, we went back to Rexburg to see Mele and Brian's apartment. Way cute. They live really close to the temple there. It's coming up so fast. While we were looking at the temple, we ran into my cousin Rebecca and her family. They live in CO, so it was funny to accidentally see them in IDAHO, of all places!
It's really amazing how much things have changed since we left. Ryan and I really feel like has-beens. We walked around BYU-Idaho (still Rick's College to me) and they're doing some MAJOR reconstruction. For ever nice piece of landscaped area, there's a big 12 foot deep hole. We showed t
he girls where Ryan and I met for the first time. There's a big display thing there now. It's a monument to us, we say :)
We went to Craigo's after. It's now on 2nd East. We ran Ryan's old mission companion and roommate, Rob, and his wife, Natalie, at therestraunt. Gosh, we were running
into everyone that night! It was nice to catch up with them. The food there, as always, was great. I'm glad it didn't disappear from the face of the earth. There's one in Idaho Falls, and they're getting one in Pocatello soon!!!
Anyway, we loved seeing our family and friends. I guess Rexburg isn't that bad after all! (for those who know me...they know what a big step it is for me to say that!) Just as long as I never have to spend another winter there! ha ha.
(Silly game: you have to pick up a paper bag with your teeth. The only thing that can touch the ground in the process are your feet. Then walk to the other side and drop it for the next person to pick up. Pictures: Ryan lunging to get it, Grandma Miyasaki making the plunge, Mindy Tippetts going for it, Kayla...without even sweating, and finally, me...my quads were sore after!)